Triple Objectives of Tamkang University:
Globalization, Information-oriented Education, &Future-oriented Education
- As pioneer of globalization in the ROC, in 1968 Tamkang University contracted
academic cooperation and sister-school relationship with Chuo Gakuin University
of Japan.So far, we have contracted academic cooperation with seventy-two universities
around the world.
- In 1993, we initiated the Junior Study Abroad(JSA) program to cultivate our students
to have a global view and to appreciate the cultures of other countries in addition to
their respective special fields.
- Ever since the Information Center was set up in 1968, Tamkang has applied computer
technology to administration, teaching and research, starting to digitize information of
all kinds. The backbone for the optical fiber network on the Tamsui campus and Taipei
campus has been completed step by step.
- All building are connected by WANs and connected to TAnet and Tai-lien Technology
Network by a T1.
- Provided on the network are education administration information flow systems, such as
Management Information System, the Library Automation System, the Office Automation
- Also available on the school network are Email, BBS, FTP, WWW, TKnets, Terminal Servers,
- Future-oriented education at Tamkang University dates back to 1968 when Dr. Clement C. P.
Chang in his article entitled "The Future Trends of World Civilization" emphasized the
importance of "future studies," thus introducing futures studies to the Republic of China.
- To realize this mission, Tamkang has set up the following objectives: 1) to strictly carry out
the design and instruction of core courses on futures studies; 2) to make general courses
future-oriented; and 3) to make future-oriented innovations in instruction, research
, administration and service. Accordingly, Tamkang University has for many years
offered a course "Futures Studies" open to all majors. And beginning 1993, the University
has sent faculty members to attend the annual "World Convention on Futures Studies."